Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hi, My name is...



Hello,


I'm Phil and this is my first foray into the blogosphere. I have just registered for this year's CPD23 Things programme. This is a scheme I followed with interest last year but ended up procrastinating so hard that I didn't even manage the first Thing! I am really glad the organisers have decided to do a re-run and if you are reading this then I'm already one step up on my efforts last year!..


I am also about to take part in a staff exchange which will involve travelling to the US to visit libraries in Michigan, Chicago and Wisconsin. I'm very excited about my trip and this seems like an ideal way to diarise my experiences over there!


I look forward to finding out what other CPD23 participants are blogging about during these next few weeks and hope to find out some interesting new things along the way. Do feel free to leave comments below! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have an interesting tour of libraries in the US, Phil. What organization arranged this exchange?

    Cheers,
    Mark
    http://markprofdev23.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark,

      Thanks for your comment. Here's the web address of Kingston University Information Services which is where I work - http://www.kingston.ac.uk/informationservices/. Good luck with 23 Things!

      Phil

      Delete
  2. Hi Phil; Do tell us more about yourself and your work. Where are you traveling from? I would love to do an exchange and work in a library in another country. Do you speak english? I guess you would have to to be a librarian in the US. Anyway, good luck with your travels. I hope you do have time to write (blog) about your experiences here in the US. I have a lot of friends from Europe, India and China and while I can see (when they are visiting) their wonderment and disgust (sometimes) of our culture it is always interesting to note the cultural differences and understandings so I hope you share. You will find that librarians in the US are a generous bunch. So ask a lot of questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,

      It should certainly be an interesting experience. Cheers for the tip!

      Delete